Plots of latency using fio objectstore interface

Here are plots that show the average aio latency for each commit block with different levels of concurrency generated by fio doing 4k random writes working with objectstore (bluestore). Concurrency is 16, 32, 64, and 128 as controlled by the iodepth parameter to fio.

(I’m sending links to the plots rather than attaching them, as apparently messages with attachments never make it out to ceph-devel.)

concurrency 16
http://tracker.ceph.com/attachments/download/2694/fio-b-aio-latency-t16.pdf

concurrency 32
http://tracker.ceph.com/attachments/download/2695/fio-b-aio-latency-t32.pdf

concurrency 64
http://tracker.ceph.com/attachments/download/2696/fio-b-aio-latency-t64.pdf

concurrency 128
http://tracker.ceph.com/attachments/download/2697/fio-b-aio-latency-t128.pdf

concurrencies overlaid
http://tracker.ceph.com/attachments/download/2698/fio-b-aio-latency-tmulti.pdf

For reference, here are the *previous* round of plots generated by rados bench, also doing 4k random writes, going through the full ceph stack. Also for each plot I tried fitting quadratic, cubic, and quartic polynomials to the data points, and I overlay those curves.

concurrency 16
http://tracker.ceph.com/attachments/download/2699/regbench-l-t16-fit-nat.pdf

concurrency 32
http://tracker.ceph.com/attachments/download/2700/regbench-l-t32-fit-nat.pdf