Re: When shall EC overwrites be production-ready?

Hi Xie,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017, xie.xingguo@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi sage and sam:
>
>              As the title says, I am interested to know  when EC overwrites
> shall become production ready.

Luminous.  There were a few remaining issues with the kraken code that
we're working through now (checksumming and scrub), but we realized
last night that those should be pretty quick to resolve.

The big question is whether we tackle partial stripe updates for luminous.
That will make small updates more efficient, but will require some
significant work, and there are several other rados items with higher
priority.

sage