Re: Lots of radosgw-admin commands fail after upgrade

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 1:22 PM, Orit Wasserman <owasserm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Mustafa Muhammad
> <mustafa1024m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Orit Wasserman <owasserm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> :)
>>>
>>> Can you open a tracker issue for the zonegroupmap command problem?
>>> this way it will documented.
>>
>> Do you mean the "radosgw-admin zonegroupmap set  <
>> new-zonegroupmap.json" or the whole issue? I can't verify that it was
>> the cause, the older instances might be the cause, so not sure what to
>> write in the issue?
>>
> For the crash I have already opened an issue
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/18631.
> I meant opening an issue for the "zonegroupmap set" that made the new
> placement configuration disappear.
> Please add in the description of the issue the commands you used and
> if you can add the jsons files.

I tested again, it was not the "zonegroupmap set" that caused this, it
was the older RGWs, I retested "zonegroupmap set" and it didn't mess
anything, but it also didn't change the map (I changed
bucket_index_max_shards but it stayed the same), so I'll create two
issues, one for the older RGW versions mess the map and another one
for not changing after set operation.

Regards
Mustafa