Re: Objecter command resend http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/18358

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Samuel Just <sjust@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems like the Objecter doesn't resend commands if the primary
> doesn't change.  As far as I can tell, mark_unfound_lost is the only
> command which doesn't complete syncronously (since the cleanup
> pre-jewel) since it waits for the Repop to commit.  On interval
> change, it doesn't really make sense to requeue the Command message
> since it didn't go through the normal op queue.  So should we:
> 1) Change lost_unfound to just return success immediately
> 2) Update the objecter to unconditionally resend Commands on interval change

I think Commands have enough of the normal op detection system that
this will work properly, right? In which case this seems like the
obvious choice to me — commands like this don't have a really obvious
need for speed and having them marked divergent would really confuse
any likely repair system or human being...
-Greg