Re: Ceph installation packages on Ubuntu

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Tone Zhang <tone.zhang@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Cephers,
>
> In recent, I tried to deploy Ceph cluster on Ubuntu 16.04 on ARM
> platform via "ceph-deploy".
>
> When I ran "ceph-deploy install" command, I got "cannot find ceph-osd"
> and "ceph-mon". I checked the ceph download center for Ubuntu on ARM
> (https://download.ceph.com/debian-jewel/pool/main/c/ceph/), it seems
> since Ceph 10.2.4, there is no deb packages for ARM any more. What's
> happened? Does it mean ceph jewel delivery on ARM platform will be
> stopped?

I don't recall why we didn't ship for 10.2.4. For regular releases we
put the priority on the non-arm
versions, so it is possible we had some temporary issue at the time of 10.2.4

I will get a build going for that version and arm64, and will update
this thread when that is complete (or if we find anything preventing a
build)

> If I want to deploy Ceph jewel 10.2.2 via ceph-deploy, how shall I do?
> Except download all the deb packaged for 10.2.2 and install ceph
> manually, is there an easier way?

There isn't a way to do this with a released Ceph version, because the
DEB repos will not allow to provide metadata information for multiple
versions of the same package (the deb tooling we use just ignores the
older versions).

If you can't wait, there is an unsigned repo for 10.2.2 available at:

https://chacra.ceph.com/r/ceph/jewel/ubuntu/xenial/

It contains the other DEB distros there as well (it isn't just xenial)