What really happens when a connection race happens?

Hi, everyone.

I'm reading the source code of Pipe in ceph, and I'm confused about the code for connection race processing. Suppose that the policy the two Pipe involved is lossless_peer, one of them wins and send the other pipe a CEPH_MSGR_TAG_WAIT message which makes the other Pipe's writer to cond.wait(), and then the winning pipe goes back to waiting for a ceph_msg_connect message to come. But, under this circumstance, the writer of the other pipe is waiting, and as far as I know,  unless something happens it will never send ceph_msg_connect messages, so they will wait for each other for ever........  There must be some misunderstanding here, but I don't know where, please help me. Thank you:-)?韬{.n?壏煯壄?%娝?檩?w?{.n?壏渮?u朕楕Ф洝塄}财爖?j:+v墾畐娻2娹櫒璀??摺玜囤?z夸z罐楘+凒殠娸?w棹f