Re: Orphaned objects after deleting rbd images

Hi Jason,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Jason Dillaman <jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Ruben Kerkhof <ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> $ sudo rbd rm test-root
>> 2016-12-21 14:46:38.479281 7fa1e17d8760 -1 librbd: Image uses
>> unsupported features: 48
>> Removing image: 100% complete...done.
>> $ echo $?
>> $ 0
>
> This isn't an known issue and is an odd corner case of the image
> removal logic.  The older client isn't able to open the image created
> with new features, so it just assumes that the image was already
> (partially) removed and that it just needs to clean up the rbd image
> directory.

Thanks for the confirmation.

> I'll open a tracker ticket against the hammer branch, but in the
> meantime, either don't use a hammer rbd CLI against images using jewel
> features or disable all features that are incompatible w/ the older
> releases.

Will do. But first I'll have to get rid of all these orphaned objects.
I was thinking of creating a new pool, rbd cp all the images and then
rbd rm them from the old pool.
After that's done I could drop the old pool. Or do you perhaps know of
a better way?

> --
> Jason

Kind regards,