Re: Bluestore with ZS

no, it's still compiling! :D

Mark

On 12/13/2016 03:40 PM, Somnath Roy wrote:
Have you set bluestore_num_kv_sync_threads = <number> (say 4 ?)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Nelson [mailto:mnelson@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:13 PM
To: Somnath Roy
Cc: ceph-devel
Subject: Re: Bluestore with ZS

I'm compiling it now in fact, though for some reason it's only using a single thread to compile so it's going *very* slow.

Mark

On 12/13/2016 02:58 PM, Somnath Roy wrote:
Mark,
Multi kv sync code is quite stable and giving > 2x performance bump for ZS than single threaded code. If you are planning to try out ZS I would highly recommend to try with the following code base.

https://github.com/somnathr/ceph/tree/wip-bluestore-multi-kv-sync-thre
ad

Add the following in the ceph.conf in addition to what I mentioned below.

bluestore_num_kv_sync_threads = <number>

Let me know how it goes for you.

Thanks & Regards
Somnath