Decrease size of clusters

Hi Sage,
  We are investigating the possibilities of decreasing size of pg numbers and pgp numbers as we want to decrease the cluster size.
  We need to  move out of OSDs from clusters from time to time. Initially, the PG number probably a good match the number of OSDs underneath. However, as we moved some of OSDs out ,the number of PGs is not going to be a good match any more to the number of OSDs.
  We of course want to decrease the number of PGs to tune up the performance of clusters.

   Any advices and any plan to support this feature?

  Regards,
  James