Re: Build Warnings: spotting them, and cleaning them up

On 16-11-2016 23:33, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Adam C. Emerson <aemerson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 16/11/2016, Gregory Farnum wrote:
>>> Is that branch going to merge imminently? If not maybe we could pull
>>> out this and the BlueStore fixes for fast merging. :)
>>
>> It is in wip-sage-testing at the moment.
>>
>>> Is this different from the boost changes you mentioned you already
>>> have? :)
>>
>> Yes and no. The boost changes fix everything in external dependencies
>> I know about. I was just pointing out that we shouldn't have trouble
>> addressing future problems if they crop up.
>
> Okay, so once your stuff is in we ought to be able to add -Werr to the
> build flags. Hurray!

'mmmm,

Perhaps you can fix the CMakeList.txt such that ATM it is only set for
Linux/GCC....

I'm all for it, and there is already quite some work done to get the
code to pass with CLANG.
But you are going to rain a bit on my parade in getting up to running
all tests successful and getting to a milestone for the port to FreeBSD.
Due to execluding some code for FreeBSD, I end up with quite a few more
unused errors. So I'll have to start fixing them as well.

Perhaps it would be possible to have jenkins test compilation with Clang
on Linux, since otherwise my port is the only thing that is going to
catch Clang warnings. And it is not always easy to get those fixed if
you are not into the changed code.

--WjW