Re: master branch merges must pass unit tests

Sage,

looks like you made even stronger restrictions.

I'm unable to merge https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11823 after approving the changes.

Thanks,
Igor

On 11/9/2016 2:34 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
On Tue, 8 Nov 2016, Sage Weil wrote:
I enabled the github check that the unit tests pass in order to merge to
master.  These tests still aren't completely reliable, but they're close,
and we'll make better progress if we start enforcing it now.
I went a bit further and also checked the box requiring a review and
preventing pushes directly to master branch.  These are already uneforced
requirements so this shouldn't slow people down *except* that we need to
start using the new github 'review' feature that lets you explicitly
approve changes.

Again, the core developers can override these restrictions if necessary.

I haven't done anything to the stable branches, but we might want to do
the same thing there...

sage