Re: Plugin for querying rgw metadata

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Hidekazu Nakamura
<hid-nakamura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yahuda,
>
>> > I heard at OpenStack Summit Barcelona[*] that community will develop
>> plugin
>> > which put metadata into elasticsearch for querying metadata.
>> > Could anyone teach me spec of it?
>>
>> I sent an email to ceph-devel a while back describing it, here it is:
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg32219.html
>
> Thank you for pointing.
> As far as I understand, My concern is not satisfied by this feature.
>

>> > My concern is whether operator could know object sync status between zones.
>>
>> 'radosgw-admin sync status' can be used to query each zone about the
>> sync status, but it's not a per-object granularity.
>
> Yes, 'radosgw-admin sync status' represents overall status between zones.
> Per-object is needed for disaster recovery purposes. Because multisite sync is
> asynchronous as you know, it's possible that object is uploaded only single zone
> when other zones are down.
> Does community have plan to develop sync status per-object granularity?

No immediate plan, but I created the following ticket:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17795

This can be accomplished by iterating through the data shards,
gathering modified buckets list and then going through the bucket
indexes and get a list of all the objects that need to be synced.

Yehuda