Re: rocksdb optimization regression (bluestore perf regression)

On 11/03/2016 11:01 AM, Igor Fedotov wrote:
Mark,

thanks for update.

I've Just made a brief try.

Performance is much better now but numbers I can see with my old branch
are still unreachable.

Approx х2 times slower ( it was ~10х slower before) for random 4K r/w
using FIO against standalone bluestore instance.

Can you check and see if https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11530 is impacting you vs old defaults? So far this appears to be a win on our NVMe setup, but it's one of the big changes that might impact small random write performance.

If this is impacting you, it would be really interesting to save one or more of the OSD logs in each case and run:

https://github.com/ceph/cbt/blob/master/tools/ceph_rocksdb_log_parser.py

Mark

Thanks,

Igor