Re: ceph -s report all mons down

What do you mean 'it is not really down"? Does the process run? If
yes, then had the process been bound to its port (netstat check) ? If
yes, then my next guess is a firewall issue that prevents monitors for
reaching each other. If no, then check the logs for the cause. One
possible case is that you run out of file descriptors.