Re: btime and change_attr features in kclient

On Mon, 2016-10-24 at 16:28 +0000, Sage Weil wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2016, Jeff Layton wrote:

> > > That support is merged into master -- is that what you mean by
> > > "upstream"?
> > >

> > Sorry, I misread the subject...
> >
> > No, those are not yet supported or recognized in kclient yet. In which
> > kernel are you planning to merge the addr2 patches?
>
> That's good news!  :)  The kclient patches for addr2 haven't been written
> yet, though.  There is no particular rush, but we should plan to merge
> all three together so that we can use the same feature bit.
>
> Thanks!
> sage

Makes sense to me and I agree that there's no rush:

The kernel doesn't care about the btime. I think we'll probably just
discard it until we have a way to expose it to userland. The
change_attr could be useful when exporting via knfsd, but we've lived
without it so far.
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>