RE: debugging librbd to a VM

Mykola, Jason --

I notice on both clusters the qemu process running is /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm (this is RHEL 7.2) and the euser,fgroup,ruser,uname printed by ps are all user qemu.

(note: I am initiating the VM thru virsh define xyz.xml followed by virsh start, and the user initiating both those virsh commands is root).

On both clusters /etc/ceph/ceph.conf is 644 access.

On both clusters, I get
ldd /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm | grep rbd
    librbd.so.1 => /lib64/librbd.so.1 (0x00007fbdf1071000)

When I try
    rbd --id admin export <image-spec> - | md5sum
I get the same md5sum values on both clusters.

If I use --id qemu instead, I get
    rbd: couldn't connect to the cluster
on both clusters.

If I leave off the --id option entirely, it works on both clusters and I get the same md5sum.

Have not tried setting debug options on the working cluster, will try that.

-- Tom