Re: SIMD accelerated crush_do_rule proof of concept

Hi Mark,

On 29/08/2016 15:15, Mark Nelson wrote:
> Anything we can do to help on the CPU usage front is a win IMHO, though I would be interested in seeing an example where we are spending a lot of time on crush in a real usage scenario?

When the ceph setcrushmap sends a new map to the monitor, it runs crushtool --test[1] and blocks until it's done. When the crushmap is large or the rules are complex it can timeout because the monitor won't let it run for longer than the mon lease time.

Cheers

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/crush/CrushTester.cc#L361

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre