RE: should we remove autotools from master?

Hi,

Thanks for all the explanations.
I wrote a quick update inlined below.  However, I am still investigating and I will probably have better status within a day or two

Regards,
  Avner

I did run "cd build; make" from the git checkout (I did ./do_cmake.sh) when I had the error
	make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
I am still investigating, because sometimes it succeeds and sometimes it fails

> I agree that step 0 is to make README.md complete for cmake.  Perhaps step
> 1 is to remove autotools instructions too.
>
> > Also, I am not sure it is clear to all developers how to combine above
> > instructions with options that you could provide to ./configure script.
>
> There is no more ./configure :).  There are a new set of options you can pass
> cmake that are referenced here in README.md:
>
> 	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/README.md#cmake-
> options

I have many link errors after using ./do_cmake.sh -DWITH_XIO=ON
I am still investigating