Re: 0.94.8 QE validation - on-hold

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Brad Hubbard <bhubbard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Nathan,
>>
>> Based on a small subset of suites ran so far, one issue seems persisting -
>>
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17035
>> "saw valgrind issues" in hammer 0.94.8 release
>
> Pretty sure this is http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15117
>

>> I need your assessment if we need to fix this issue before continuing
>> QE validation of this point release.
>>
>> Holding on further validations till we make this decision.

At this stage, after looking at this in great depth today we have decided this
is a problem, most likely in libunwind, and should be able to be safely
ignored. There are suppression files to be found for this issue, or very
similar issues, such as
https://github.com/hkimura/foedus_code/blob/master/foedus-core/tools/valgrind.supp
and we already even have multiple valgrind suppressions for similar issues.

https://github.com/ceph/teuthology/blob/master/teuthology/task/valgrind.supp#L38

Thanks to Kefu for helping with this.

--
Cheers,