veintidos: Prototype of a content-addressed storage client for Ceph

Hi,

I already introduced the current outcome of my work on Ceph
deduplication on the last CDM, but I thought it might be a good idea to
do so on the list as well :).

tl;dr:
There is now a client tool / library to use a Ceph pool as
content-addressed storage.
It writes data with object names equal to the data's hash.
Two times the same data therefore yields only one object with a reference count of 2.

More detailed design description and documentation is on github:
https://github.com/irq0/veintidos

Unfortunately / fortunatly I can't continue to work on bringing the
prototype to C++ or improving it otherwise, since i'll go on an extended
vacation till end of this year pretty soon..

In the long run, I think,  it could be nice for archives ( iRODS?) or as an
alternative to the Striper in RGW.

Please let me know what you think,

~marcel

--