Re: Jenkins build pestered by 'no such option: --disable-pip-version-check'

On 07/18/2016 03:08 PM, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
On 18-7-2016 20:48, Alfredo Deza wrote:
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since somewhere last week all my Jenkins test are aborted this.
And I was under the assumption that issue would have been fixed?

--WjW

See:
https://jenkins.ceph.com/job/ceph-pull-requests/9255/console

Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/bin/python2.7

Usage:
  pip <command> [options]

no such option: --disable-pip-version-check

Usage:
  pip <command> [options]

no such option: --disable-pip-version-check

Usage:
  pip <command> [options]

That seems to be a problem in the code that creates the ceph-disk
virtual environment (python's virtualenv).

That code lives within the Ceph source tree so a fix would need to
happen there (the Jenkins job can't really fix this)

The full error (to make it easier for others to see) is:

New python executable in /tmp/ceph.V2f/ceph-disk-virtualenv/bin/python2.7
Also creating executable in /tmp/ceph.V2f/ceph-disk-virtualenv/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip...
done.
Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/bin/python2.7

Usage:
  pip <command> [options]

no such option: --disable-pip-version-check

Usage:
  pip <command> [options]

no such option: --disable-pip-version-check

Usage:
  pip <command> [options]

no such option: --disable-pip-version-check
make[3]: *** [src/ceph-disk/CMakeFiles/ceph-disk] Error 2
make[2]: *** [src/ceph-disk/CMakeFiles/ceph-disk.dir/all] Error 2

Yup,
I totally agree, but why am I (the only one) suffering from this?

Where as the code is plainly in the tree if you
   grep -R disable-pip-version-check .
at the root of the tree.
And I think more pepeles tests should suffer from this if they are
running in env's where pip does not have this option.

Even more wierd is that the VM claims to be running trusty, and I'd
expect it to run a rather recent pip after installation?

But I'm still trying get the hang of all this python trickery.

--WjW

You have a very old version of pip.  There's a PR in the works to fix this.

Daniel