Re: Log_query

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 03:03:15PM +0000, Srikar wrote:
> Hi All,
>      I am trying to look for logs while deleting or creating an osd. I have
> configured "log to stderr = true" in ceph.conf file, but still logs are not
> available. Do I need to run cluster in development mode? Is there any
> additional things I am missing ?

>From a quick look at the code this option only seems to be relevant in the
event of a crash (if I read it right).

Information on logging and debugging can be found here.

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/troubleshooting/log-and-debug/

Also keep in mind that you can adjust logging levels on the fly with commands
like the following.

# ceph tell osd.* injectargs '--debug_osd 20 --debug_ms 20'

Most of the daemons support the -d option to run in the foreground and log to
stderr.

# ceph-osd -i 0 -c ceph.conf -d

HTH,
Brad