Re: cmake

On 28-6-2016 18:05, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> On 28-6-2016 15:42, Sage Weil wrote:

>>> Hi Sage,
>>>
>>> Although i appreciate and understand the desire to move to cmake.
>>> Really ripping out the automake stuff would put me in the situation
>>> where I have no more building environment until all the cmake tweaks for
>>> FreeBSD are in place.
>>>
>>> An while I'll start working on it, time is rather scarce atm.
>>> So please disable but please keep it around for a bit longer...
>>
>> There is no particular need to remove any of the autotools stuff while
>> anyone still relies on it, so don't worry.  I'm just making sure
>> everyone starts using it now so that we can identify any gaps and
>> avoid surprises and fragmentation of efforts later.
>>
>> Thanks for taking a look!
>
> Sort of feel like starting all over again, and hacking all FreeBSD
> specials into the Make process.
> But I've done that, so it does have steady progress.

First shot to be found in #10024

It does not compile all the way to the end. But I have a feeling that is
because of new/extra code that has little to do with Cmake.

Gladly change any parts for better.

And yes, it is way much less hackish that automake stuff.
I did not say easier, but the result should be a lot better to maintain.

--WjW