"Tags" for Ceph pools?

Hi all,

silly question time. From a UX perspective, we sometimes need to know
what a specific pool does. We can't always figure it out directly by
looking at the pool - is this used for RBDs? A MDS metadata pool? RGW
buckets?

Right now, that is all bundled into the naming scheme. Is that the way
to proceed? Is there a recommended/standard naming scheme that tools
could attach to, then?

We though of storing it in an object in the pool, but, uh, that
obviously doesn't work so well for cache-tiered pools ;-)

Or should we have metadata about our Ceph entities maintained outside
Ceph, in a separate tooling database?

Or would there be the chance to somehow store some description
somewhere, like a few k/v, free-form? x-... parameters maybe?

(Tool suppliers could then agree on common tags, hopefully.)

Regards
    Lars