RDS - for stateless messenger

Hi All,

*Background:*
As I wrote once I am considering messenger based on RDS protocol.
RDS protocol is datagram oriented like UDP; however, it is reliable and in-order like TCP and it is much more efficient than both (in case the underlying is RDMA).
See about RDS here - https://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/rds-devel/2007-November/000228.html

I am trying to convert AsyncMessenger to RDS.  The challenge is to convert from statefull connection to stateless connection (programmatically RDS is very much similar to UDP)

*Question:*
Async messenger starts each accepted socket with state=STATE_ACCEPTING and then it expects handshake.
Unfortunately, stateless connections don't have the concept of "accept"; hence, I see two ways to recognize "accept" situations:
1. In case I am getting message from an address that doesn't exist in conns/accepting_conns collections.
2. By adding special message that will indicate that this is an "accept request" from a new client

I prefer option #2 if it is possible - the question is which message I can use for indicating "Accept request"? - I thought of sending an empty datagram (without payload) for that purpose.  Do you think this idea will work?

TIA,
  Avner