How to propose plugin, which uses external lib

Hi,
I would like to propose a new compression plugin, which is based on
Isa-l open source library
(https://github.com/01org/isa-l/tree/master/igzip). I already have a
code - https://github.com/Ved-vampir/ceph/tree/wip_isal_plugin/src/compressor/isal.
I see, that there are erasure-code plugin, based on isa-l too. As I
see, library code is not loaded as submodule repo, like some others.
But if I'm right, I think, it's not the best way to use external code.
The question is, what is the right way to use external library in my case?
Thanks!