RE: bluestore onode encoding efficiency

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016, Allen Samuels wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, I did my math wrong... I thought I was getting 3 bytes for ~1TB
devices at 64K alignment.  Not that those drives are common even now
anyway, though.  Moving to 4 bytes will be a faster encode/decode too.

> I could argue for a skew on the format encoding, i.e., 0x for 4K, 110
> for 16K, 111 for byte align, ,etc. and gain another bit picking up a
> further .5 bytes on a 4TB device.

The other nice thing about this is we get another options for dropping low
bits:

 0* = 12 (4k)
 100* = byte align
 101* = 16 (64k)
 110* = 20 (256k)
 111* = 24 (1024k)

or perhaps go by 3's.

BTW, here's the first set of size cleanups.  It rips out unused fields,
including the overlay stuff.  We can re-add it later if we decide it's a
strategy worth pursuing.

	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/9756

sage