rockddb prefix seek api

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016, Haomai Wang wrote:
> From my current view, prefix could be more flexible. For example, each
> rgw bucket index could use one prefix to make each bucket index object
> seek separated. For CF, it would be too heavry.

It seems likeI the CF and prefix seek are solving different problems.  A
new column family means we can have different compaction
parameters/policies and cache sizes/policies for different types of data
(onode vs omap, say).

The prefix seek thing just seems like a smart optimization for any
non-Wholespace iterator... something we should just implement in the
rocksdb KeyValueDB glue interface.  I did a quick grep on the code and it
looks like there is only one (one!) caller to prev() on an iterator:

 int DBObjectMap::DBObjectMapIteratorImpl::in_complete_region(
	const string &to_test,
	string *begin,
	string *end);

in FileStore.  We could make a special iterator creation parameter to
allow bidirectional iteration, since every other caller doesn't need it,
and use the prefix thing for forward-only?  Or just drop prev() support
completely from rocksdb (nobody should be using it with filestore on a
production OSD since it's marked experimental) and be done with it...

sage