RE: Min alloc size according to media type

On Fri, 20 May 2016, Allen Samuels wrote:

> > > +1
> >
> > If we do this, we need to make a nice way to plumb hte pool properties
> > down to teh ObjectStore collections, but the nice thing is that if we
> > map 1:1 to config options we can focus on the bluestore functionality
> > now without that blocking us.
>
> Yes, hopefully when we do that we do it in a way that preserves the
> flexibility of the existing pool property mechanism, but avoids the cost
> of looking up in the pool_ops_t structure on each R/W traversal. In 5
> minutes of looking at the pool_ops_t code, it wasn't apparent where the
> structure is loaded. In other words, if the current mechanism requires a
> re-start of the OSD after a parameter change then we might want to
> rethink it. Perhaps the properties can be augmented with a flag that
> indicates whether dynamic reloading of those particular parameters is
> supported (i.e., some properties take affect only on restart, others
> take effect *immediately*)

We should be able to push everything down without too much trouble.
Something like

 OSD sees new osdmap
 -> PG state update()
 -> PGPool::update()
 -> (new) ObjectStore::collection_set_params(...)
 -> store local copy of values in BlueStore::Collection (in memory)

with a similar path in load_pgs() on startup to get them initialized.

Then the read/write path would either check in Collection field, then at
global value, or the global config update could iterate over collections
and update all of the collection-local fields.  Probably the former, for
simplicity...

sage