Re: 答复: [ceph/ceph] Wip add flashcache (#8773)

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Houlinfei <hou.linfei@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, the main ceph-disk interface added is part of the prepare. We add fcache, fcache_size, fcache-uuid optional arguments. These are the only external interface. When you want to use flashcache, you must specify flashcache disk and flashcache size such as
> ceph-disk prepare --fcache /dev/sdc --fcache_size 10 /dev/sda.
> I think we could add bcache and dm-cache in the same way if needed. What do you think?

I think it's important to think about how these block caching
solutions handle O_DIRECT. Bluestore uses O_DIRECT + libaio which
bypasses the normal kernel (page) caches. I actually don't know the
answer to it but I think it's valuable to figure out if any of the
above are bypassed in the O_DIRECT case.

--
Milosz Tanski
CTO

p: 646-253-9055