Re: Fwd: How does EC pools support thousands of xattrs (XFS) but no omaps?

I can understand the complexities now. Still, there is a little bit of
surprise element when large number of xattrs can be stored in leveldb
but not  omaps. Are these xattrs not being erasure coded and
distributed over nodes? When EC pools are space efficient alternative
to replicated pools, not having omaps defeats the purpose for anyone
who uses omaps extensively. I can guess that some users might be
storing the key-value kind of metadata in some external store.