problems using calamari vagrant/devmode VM

Greetings,

Sorry for the newbie questions.   I followed the directions on page
http://calamari.readthedocs.io/en/latest/development/dev_env.html
to set up a calamari development environment, but was unsuccessful.  Could
someone help?

When executing the "vagrant up" command, the install_salt.sh script in the
VM failed with:

==> default: Reading package lists...
==> default: Building dependency tree...
==> default: E
==> default: :

==> default: Unable to locate package git-core
==> default:  * ERROR: Failed to run install_ubuntu_git_deps()!!!
The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant
assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command
should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what
went wrong.

Apparently git is missing in the VM.  I ssh'd into the VM and installed
git, then re-ran the script as root, and it seemed to complete
successfully.    The instructions next say:

The result will be a virtual machine that you can connect to using vagrant
ssh, containing a git clone of Calamari with a fully populated virtualenv.
Activate the virtualenv contained in the env directory.

I see the /calamari.git directory, but where is the 'env' directory that
contains the virtualenv?   Did did the install_salt.sh script not really
work?

Also, the web page goes on to refer the reader to a screencast of the
process, but the link is broken, the account which posted the link has
been closed.   A replacement video would be nice.

Finally, on https://github.com/ceph/calamari I followed the
to post this email, but the ceph-calamari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx email address
posted there is for an mail list that has been discontinued.  Which
explains why in the archives that no-one responded to the U.S. Ambassador
to Nigeria.  :-)   But some people still seem to be able to post there,
not sure how that is possible.  Could someone update the web page to point
to ceph-devel instead?

Thanks, Kevan