Re: [wip-addr-features] make sure I am doing the right thing

Hi Junwang,

On Mon, 16 May 2016, Junwang Zhao wrote:
> Hi Sage, Haomai,
>
> I am working on the require-features-patch, I use 'make' to see the conflicts,
> and change the code to fit the required-feature-patch, [1] is a huge patch
> that I am still working on, it has not been finished. I really need to check
> with you whether I am doing it right, since it seems the errors are endless.
>
> There are some comments where I am not sure in the patch, like 'not sure'.

I skimmed through this and it looks mostly right, but I see a few cases
where features aren't needed, e.g. cls_refcount_get in
cls_refcount_client.cc (there's no addr being encoded in
cls_refcount_get_op, so no need to make the encoding featureful).

> I didn't split this huge patch into small ones, I am not sure is that a
> must, if yes, I will split it into small ones.

The end result needs to be a series of small patches, but that doesn't
have to happen right away.  I think it might be useful to do a few small
sets of changes first just to show what the goal is, though.

I will take the patch below and pull a few sample changes out so you can
see.  Traveling at the moment, but I'll have something pushed today (that
is also rebased on top of the latest wip-addr-cleanup branch).

Are you on IRC in #ceph-devel?  What is your nick?

Thanks!
sage