Re: Mojette based Erasure Code is more performant than ISA-L or Jerasure

Hi,

On 20/04/2016 15:52, Chandan Kumar Singh wrote:
> Hi
>
> The authors of  Mojette Erasure Encoding claim that this EC has higher
> performance than ISA-L and Jerasure and can be used for hot storage
> use cases. Their EC is used in open source RozoFS. What is your
> evaluation of it? It will be nice if it is available as another EC
> plugin.

RozoFS is no longer developped (last commit was july last year). It would be nice to have an alternative implementation of the same algorithm, well maintained. It's sad to see Free Software being frozen. But Free Software is never dead, all it needs is good will and a little work to be resurected ! I've never seen any benchmark regarding performances, that would be the first step.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre