Re: aarch64 conditional ansible stanza

On 07/04/2016 17:49, Thierry Delamare wrote:

> On 04/07/2016 04:07 PM, Loic Dachary wrote:

>>> Bonjour Loic,
>>>
>>> Using when statement is the correct way to add conditions to a task,
>>> but don't forget that the when clause contains a Jinja2 expression (not like a module argument),
>>> Thus the correct expression should rather be « when: ansible_architecture != 'aarch64' ».
>> Indeed, the previous attempt failed :-) Here is a more elaborate version that also excludes some packages that are not available in the aarch64 repositories. How does that look ?
>>
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-cm-ansible/pull/224/commits/80e1cb2f3688393f4238268a543e6c3ab19bae75
>>
> That looks good to me, but.
> You could also use the already existing scheme for defining vars or even including plays depending on distribution or (if you take care of it) architecture.
> I mean that you could create a roles/testnode/tasks/setup-ubuntu-aarch32.yml with only the needed tasks (instead of conditionally exclude most of them in roles/testnode/tasks/setup-ubuntu.yml) and change roles/testnode/tasks/main.yml to add « - { include: setup-ubuntu-aarch32.yml, when: ansible_distribution == "Ubuntu" and ansible_architecture == 'aarch32' } » (maybe you also want to rename setup-ubuntu.yml as setup-ubuntu-aarch64.yml and change main.yml accordingly)
> If the common part between aarch32 and aarch64 duplicate to much, keep a common setup-ubuntu.

I did that, it looks better :-)

> Similarly for packages lists (more usual), add roles/testnode/vars/ubuntu-aarch64.yml and ubuntu-aarch32.yml for respective specific packages and use an include_vars directive using ansible_distribution and ansible_architecture once in roles/testnode/tasks/vars.yml instead of many when clauses.

I'm not sure I get where the simplification is. When I try this, I end up with more indirection levels and it feels more complicated.

> PS: Maybe you could teach me how to boostrap a working env next time we cowork.

You should be able to follow the HOWTO at http://dachary.org/?p=3939 when you get a chance :-) Or I'll show you.

Cheers

> --

Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre