RGW placement multi data pool support

Hello,

In the current RGW implementation, only one ‘data pool’ is allowed in the
placement target. So the size of a bucket is limited by the backend pool
size. We can add osds into the backend pool, but it would trigger PG data
rebalance. Also, we might have to do PG split when the OSD count is close
to the pre-defined PG number, however, it would trigger data rebalance as
well. We try to avoid data rebalance as many as we can by adding multiple
pools into one placement target. Then a scheduler between pools of a
placement target is needed.

I have a immature proposal would like to discuss with you. We can extend
placement's data pool to a pool list. When a new object is created through
RGW, we can choose one data pool from placement's data pool list. In order
to do that, the pool ID need to be added into the bucket index for each
object.

How do you guys think?

thx,

Joseph