Re: Building packages from a SHA instead of the tip of a branch

Hi Greg,

On 26/02/2016 00:37, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Loic Dachary <loic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Gregory and Alfredo,
>>
>> The system in place to build packages uses the tip of the stable branch, which has been a recurring problem over the past years. It would make a lot of sense to use a specific SHA1 instead of "whatever is at the tip of the stable branch at the moment".
>>
>> Is there already an issue in tracker.ceph.com for this ? If not, in which tracker do you suggest I file this feature request ?
>
> It might be easier to build from a tag or to push a specifically-named
> branch (infernalis-release-2016-02-25) as well. Just to think around
> the problem. ;)

IIRC taging was not an option because people have scripts watching the tags (it's a distant memory though, maybe it does not matter anymore ?). I like the idea of having an infernalis-release-2016-02-25 branch. Unless the scripts are somehow sensitive to the branch name ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre