Re: vstart and Python bindings

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did a git pull today and rebuilt. Ran vstart, and it produced a
> Python traceback, ending with:
>
> ImportError: No module named rados
>
> Oooookay... This box never had Python bindings installed, but okay,
> someone innovated something. Fine, I thought. Installed python-rados,
> and ./ceph -w tracebacks:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./ceph", line 953, in <module>
>     retval = main()
>   File "./ceph", line 778, in main
>     run_in_thread(cluster_handle.monitor_log, level, watch_cb, 0)
> AttributeError: 'Rados' object has no attribute 'monitor_log'
>
> Of course. The system version of pybind is obsolete, but ./ceph gets
> wrong one. Actually, it's not even getting built from .pyx anymore.
>
> Could whoever did all this please undo?

I don't think we're undoing this, but I too would like to see prompt
fixes.  The cython changes broke cmake (amaredia mentioned in IRC he
was working on a fix?) and libcephfs's python bindings (fix
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/7745).  With hindsight the cython
change needed more scrutiny before it merged.

John