Re: objecter incremental osdmap crc check

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM, Xinze Chi (信泽) <xmdxcxz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi, all:
>
>       When osd update the osdmap, it would apply the
> OSDMap::Incremental and get the crc for the new osdmap. If the crc is
> not the same as define in Incremental osd would request the full
> osdmap. I think the logic is quite well.
>
>      But in the client, the objecter do not check the crc. I do not
> know why not client do the same logic as osd.
>
>     Could anyone explain this? Thanks.

Two things:
1) The client doesn't necessarily have the full OSDMap that the OSDs
do, so the CRC won't match. (You can see this in the encoding family
of functions; there are sections which are server-only.) I suppose the
monitors could include a client-only CRC as well...
2) Nobody bothered since it seemed less important for "ephemeral"
clients versus OSDs that persist their maps and share them with peers.
-Greg