Re: compiling stops at od compare

On 30-1-2016 23:57, Matt Benjamin wrote:
> Should we use std::min here (that might require a cast, iirc)?

Well the most important issue I have:
	while(len>0)
where len is of type size_t has only exactly one chance to be true, aka
len = 0. negative numbers do not exist.

So casting it to int is a bad(tm) thing.

But as I haven't designed the code, i can only react to the compiler
error and analyze it. And then my conclusion is that the cast can only
increase the chance on an error. And thus the compiler is correct in
triggering.

--WjW