/var/lib/ceph/*/*/config

I think we should add an optional 'config' file location to the config
search path.  This would allow you to put customized options for an
individual daemon in the daemon data directory.  Or, you could avoid
putting a config in /etc/ceph entirely, so that the daemon data is
completely self-contained on the device.  That would streamline boot disk
failure (just reinstall OS and ceph package) or drive swaps between failed
host hardware.

What do you think?
sage