Re: Compiling for FreeBSD

On 1-12-2015 12:08, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> On 30-11-2015 14:21, Sage Weil wrote:
>> The problem with all of the porting code in general is that it is doomed
>> to break later on if we don't have (at least) ongoing build tests.  In
>> order for a FreeBSD or OSX port to continue working we need VMs that run
>> either gitbuilder or a jenkins job or similar so that we can tell when it
>> breaks.
>>
>> If someone is willing to run a VM somewhere to do this we can pretty
>> easily stick it on the gitbuilder page at
>>
>>     http://ceph.com/gitbuilder.cgi

I have build a pull request that includes the changes to get the
automake tools do a decent job on the current master.

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/7239

But then I tried building a second WIP with changes to the {cc,} code,
but then I end up with a WIP tree with a complete string of other
commits in between. Which is certainly not the intention.

https://github.com/wjwithagen/ceph/tree/wip-wjw-freebsd-compilechanges

The next one WIP would be wip-wjw-freebsd-testchanges which got me as
far as 110 tests successfully completed.

I see to be able to mess up the integration of the ceph/master into my
fork and my WIPs...

Is there a way to easily repair this? Or just
	save the diffs
	scrap the whole fork
	make a new fork and WIP
	push

Once I get this straight I promise to write this down as simple howto,
on then how to keep up in this fork and WIP with ceph/master

Thanx,
--WjW