Re: Is BlueFS an alternative of BlueStore?

Hi Sage,

thanks for your quick response. Javen and I once the zfs developer,are currently focusing on how to leverage some of the zfs ideas to improve the ceph backend performance in userspace.

Based on your encouraging reply, we come up with 2 schemes to continue our future work

1. the scheme one: using the entire new FS to replace rocksdb+bluefs, the FS itself handles the mapping of
    oid->fs-object(kind of zfs dnode) and the according attrs used by ceph.
Despite the implemention challenges you mentioned about the in-order enumeration of objects during backfill, scrub, etc (the same situation we also confronted in zfs, the ZAP features help us a lot). From performance or architecture point of view, it looks more clear and clean, would you suggest us to give a try ?

2. the scheme two: As your last suspect, we just temporarily implemented the simple version of the FS which leverage libzpool ideas to plug into rocksdb underneath as your bluefs did

precious your insightful reply.

Thanks