Re: Compiling for FreeBSD, missing rbd

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 11:47:04PM +0100, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:

> Running gmake check is starting to work.
> 	reporting still thinks there are no successful tests
> 	but tests themselves report OKE
>
> But where I really can not get it to work is with testing rbd.
>
> Is starts with the simple:
> 	 /bin/sh: rbd: not found
>
> And whatever I'm trying in configure, no way am I able to get either an
> executable or a script that will do rbd....
>
> So how do I get a rbd that can be used in the tests.

On the master rbd is built on Linux only, see src/tools/Makefile-client.am.

I have a patch in my branch that makes rbd build on all platforms
(excluding kernel bits):

https://github.com/trociny/ceph/commit/cd427e3ef2a5a307d6649e5b1dcfefdf67d60b29

But large rbd refactoring has happened in master since that time, and
my patch requires some work to apply on the current master.

--
Mykola Golub