issues running teuthology-openstack on private cloud

Hi,

I’m trying to get set up to use teuthology to run tests on an in-house openstack cloud. Is this list the appropriate venue?

I had to make 2 changes to get teuthology-openstack to run on my dev machine; first there is a hardcoded set of providers in OpenStack.set_provider to match the AUTH_URL in your environment, and second the shape of the result data that I see in the OpenStack.get_value(result, field) method doesn’t match the code expectations. The code expects to see

[{“Field”: “name”, “Value”: “foo”}{“Field”: “image”, “Value”: “…"}] but I see {“name”: “foo” “image”: “…"}; any ideas why?

When I hack around those 2 things (attached diff) I can “successfully” run

'teuthology-openstack —key-filename myself.pem —key-name myself —suite dummy’

and the vm’s are created, I see the job in Pulpito, but the log from within Pulpito shows it’s hitting the get_value issue on the VM as well.

I’m having a hard time seeing how to get the VM’s to use my patched version of teuthology too.

Thanks,
-Emile