RE: Cache Tiering Investigation and Potential Patch

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Nick Fisk wrote:
> Hi Sage

Yeah... In the above case recency 3 would be enough (or 9, depending on
whether that's chronological or reverse chronological order).  Doing an N
out of M or similar is a bit more flexible and probably something we
should add on top.  (Or, we could change recency to be N/M instead of just
N.)

> Would it be useful for me to run all 3 versions (Old, this and mine)
> through the same performance test I did before?

If you have time, sure!  At the very least it'd be great to see the new
version go through the same test.

> Also I saw pull request 6623, is it still relevant to get the list order
> right?

Oh right, I forgot about that one.  I'll incorporate that fix and then you
can test that version.

Thanks!
sage