Re: OSD replacement feature

Hi Loic and cephers,

Sure, I have time to help (comment) on this feature replace a disk.
This is a useful feature to handle disk failure :p

An simple step is described on http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/13732 :
1. set noout flag - if the broken osd is primary osd, could we handle well?
2. stop osd daemon and we need to wait the osd actually down. (or
maybe use deactivate option with ceph-disk)

these two above step seems OK.
about handle crush map, should we remove the broken osd out?
If we do that, why we set noout flag? It still trigger re-balance
after we remove osd from crushmap.

Could we just remove the auth key and re-create osd with new disk
(then add the auth key back)?

I will try and test myself.

feel free to let me know if you have any suggeations!

thanks!!!
vicente