Re: RGW multi-tenancy APIs overview

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 21:36:47 -0800
Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the supported domains configuration, we can specify for each domain
> whether a subdomain for it would be a bucket (as it is now), or
> whether it would be a tenant (which implies the possibility of
> bucket.tenant). This only affects the global (a.k.a the "empty")
> tenant.
>
> E.g., we can have two domains:
>
> legacy-foo.com
> new-foo.com
>
> We'd specify that legacy-foo.com is a global tenant endpoint. In which
> case, when accessing buck.legacy-foo.com, it will access the global
> tenant, and bucket=buck.
> Whereas, new-foo.com isn't a global tenant endpoint, in which case, if
> we'd access buck.new-foo.com, it will mean that we accessed the 'buck'
> tenant.

I think I found another issue with this. Suppose we want a client authenticated
under an explicit tenant accessing a legacy bucket. The only way for it to
work is for it to use a different endpoint (in your example above it's
legacy-foo.com). The client cannot use buck.new-foo.com syntax, as mentioned.
So, there's a certain asymmetry built into the system.

Oddly enough, the X-amz-copy-source: syntax always includes bucket, and
tenant:bucket syntax is recognized there, so miraclously we're good there.

-- Pete