Re: Block storage performance test tool - would like to merge into cbt

Hi Konstantin,

I'm definitely interested in looking at your tools and seeing if we can merge them into cbt! One of the things we lack right now in cbt is any kind of real openstack integration. Right now CBT basically just assumes you've already launched VMs and specified them as clients in the yaml, so being able to spin up VMs in a standard way would be very useful. It might be worth exploring if we can use your tool to make the cluster base class "openstack aware" so that any of the eventual cluster classes (ceph, and maybe some day gluster, swift, etc) can use it to launch VMs or do other things. I'd really love to be able to create a cbt yaml config file and iterate through parametric configuration parameters building multiple different clusters and running tests against them with system monitoring and data post processing happening automatically.

The data post processing is also something that will be very useful. We have a couple of folks really interested in this area as well.

Mark