Re: python facade pattern implementation in ceph and ceph-deploy is bad practice?

Small correction due to not proof reading enough.

On 07/09/2015 06:28 PM, Owen Synge wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Lets put a positive spin on this thread and set all misunderstandings on
> my side :)
>
> I propose that John clarified and I misunderstood the others in upstream
> ceph-deploy's position, the style guide includes:
>
> (0) Opposes duplication of code.
> (1) Opposes duplication of code for each platform making up more than a
> minimum of code.
> (2) Allowing the use of objects in python.
> (3) Allowing the use of objects with properties.
> (4) Allowing the use of some standard design patterns not already in
> ceph-deploy.

(5) Allow changes to be made in one part of ceph-deploy without having
to change all parts of ceph-deploy at the same time, when making an
implementation of some thing "similar" but not the "same" in a better
way. (such as use of 3 objects in a facade, and not binding it to the
"single façade" that can exist in ceph-deploy)

> Hopefully this can be agreed.
>
> On 07/09/2015 12:46 PM, John Spray wrote:
>
>> I had not seen your wip_services_abstraction branch before, I've just
>> taken a quick look now.  More comments would probably have made it
>> easier to read, as would following PEP8.  I don't think there's anything
>> problematic about having a class that knows how to start and stop a
>> service, but I don't know what comments you've received elsewhere (there
>> aren't any on the PR).
>
> If this is not agreeable to all, please speak up.
>
> Best regards
>
> Owen
> --

SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB
21284 (AG
Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5

90409 Nürnberg